[time-nuts] VIGO time interval devices

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Mon Oct 31 19:19:07 UTC 2011

Nutters:
I've been emailing with the VIGO factory about the T3200U
counter/timers. The specs looked good.
Here is the factory reply:

"Hello,
We will open a Pay Pal account if needed.
Following please find the requested quotation:
QUOTE #1xxx
T3200U...........2270,_ USD
Prices are  EXW VIGO System (do not include cost of shipment &  insurance)
Shipment within ~4 weeks ARO
Since these  time counters are assembled as orders come in,  we offer
them  on the basis of prepayment:
Upon receipt of the order we will issue a proforma invoice with all
details needed to arrange the payment."
So, there is probably not a user community out there, and my guess is
the counters will be buggy. At that price, they will disappear from the
catalog Real Soon Now. Recovery of engineering costs in the first few
units ain't a good business plan?
Needless to say, but I will anyway, I do not plan to order one of these
in the near future. Will stick with my Hp5370A's and 5363B triggers, and
Prologix net interface. (all of which is not yet implemented, so no, I
do not have any handy hints yet :-))

But FYI,
Don
--
"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road
POB 134