[time-nuts] Buzzing 5061B

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sat Sep 3 16:52:32 UTC 2011

Another possibility:

The 5061B ovens initially draw too much power for the UPS, charged or not.

Try plugging the standard into the wall until it heats up, then transfer it
to the UPS.

If the standard buzzes when it is plugged into the wall, it is not a problem
in the UPS.
Let it warm up anyway and see if the buzzing stops.

This is what I'd do, and I've never lost a 5061B yet - but then, I've never
owned one.
Did have a 5065 and some other Caesium standard, both with high initial
heater currents.

Bill Hawkins