[time-nuts] From Sundials to Atomic Clocks

Mike Fahmie mpfahmie at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 7 17:27:26 UTC 2011

On a visit to NIST Boulder (then known as NBS) many years ago (1978), I was
presented with a copy of NBS Monograph 155, "From Sundials to Atomic
Clocks" by one of the authors.  I found it to be a fantastic read, it
answers all of those questions about Time & Frequency that you were afraid
to ask.

I stumbled on it again today in PDF form on the NIST website, it has
undergone two revisions and this URL points to the most current (1999) edition.

http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1796.pdf

-Mike-
WA6ZTY