[time-nuts] Lady Heather help, please

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue Sep 13 07:07:35 UTC 2011

> Trying to run LH2 with a TBolt under WinXP. I need to change her com port
to 3,
> which is where my serial-to-USB adapter is located -- and port 1 is in
use.

> I see in the "tip" sheet that I can use the command line. Trouble is, I
can't find
> it. Hitting most keys will display a menu of letters to invoke various
things, but I
> can't get to anything that looks like a command line to use the /3
command.
> Suggestions?

This is just referring to the DOS command that you use to launch
heather.exe, whether from a Windows shortcut or from a command prompt in a
DOS box.  If you are running from a shortcut, you would right-click on the
shortcut and modify the 'Target' line to include the parameter(s) you want
the program to start with.  To connect to specific Thunderbolts at startup
time, change the Target line from this:

	"C:\Program Files\Heather\heather.exe"

... to one that looks like this:

	"C:\Program Files\Heather\heather.exe" /3
	(local Thunderbolt on COM3)

or

	"C:\Program Files\Heather\heather.exe" /ip=ke5fx.dyndns.org:45000
	(remote Thunderbolt attached to a Heather server, version 3 only)

-- john, KE5FX