[time-nuts] HP5065A revival

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 21:38:54 UTC 2011

Magnus
A couple of comments.
Yes those lights are pesky. I use leds now. The solder on the back of the
pin in the lamp seems to go flat. reheating with an iron seems to fix it.
LEDs fix it better.
On the 5065 the green light does not come on until you reset the logic. It
was designed that way so that you would know you lost lock or had a power
failure.

My trusty 5065 just developed a problem so I get to troubleshoot it again
after 7 years.
Boy I have to say this 40 year old technology is very unreliable. ;-)
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL