[time-nuts] Making a 10811 better

ed breya eb at telight.com
Tue Sep 20 20:54:48 UTC 2011

Actually, it is possible to legally buy and use small quantities of
CFC refrigerants, which are exempt from the regulations for
scientific or laboratory use - as evidenced by filling out a special
EPA form along with your order. R-11 is trichlorofluoromethane, the
closest sub for R-114, which seems to be unavailable.

I found a link to the form last December, but it seems to be inactive
now. I managed to find the latest location, listed below:

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/etc/medialib/docs/Aldrich/General_Information/1/epa-ods-labinitiative-6-4-10.Par.0001.File.tmp/epa-ods-labinitiative-6-4-10.pdf

Hopefully an individual can claim this use.

Filing the form also helps the argument to continue the exemption - a rational
approach.

Ed