[time-nuts] Making a 10811 better

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Tue Sep 20 21:54:37 UTC 2011

Just got a quote of $301 for 5 lb. freight and cylinder included. 5 lb.
would do a lot of 10811's... Probably have to return the cylinder within
some time period.
Don

J. Forster
> You would want to use a Freon with much higher BP. It take a lot os PSIs
> to keep R-11 liguid.
>
> BTW, why on earth would you want to fill a balloon with SF6? It's much
> heavier than air.
>
> -John
>
> ==============
>

>> At 03:39 PM 9/20/2011, Don Latham wrote...
>>>Long ago and far away, I recall a friend using a gas that had its
>>>liquid/gaseous transition near room temperature and was inert (not an
>>>inert gas) to pressurize a vessel having high impedance circuits in
>>>it.
>>>I'm darned if I can remember what it was. Available in so-called "lab
>>>bottles" ie not monster cylinders.
>>
>> Trichlorofluoromethane (R-11, CFC-11) has a boiling point of ~24C. It
>> is available (although not manufactured, and most commonly in 100 lb
>> cylinders), but is the worst of the "Freons" with regard to ozone
>> depletion.

>> and follow the instructions there.

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road