[time-nuts] Subject: Listening to the List Owner

Miguel Gonçalves mail at miguelgoncalves.com
Wed Sep 21 12:27:18 UTC 2011

I really find it funny (to say the least) that in the XXI century people concentrate on form rather than content when using such an informal medium as e-mail.

This resembles professional and academic titles that people insist on appending to their names. These human beings are all about appearance. When you squeeze then there's little juice. It's ridiculous!

Regarding HTML mail it's like still using, today, a text based console e-mail client on a VAX/VMS! Fortunately punch cards went away a while ago!

By the way, HTML is a standard and I find it perfectly acceptable to have it used to format content of an e-mail. Are you against standards?

I bet you use MIME or do you attach the links to an FTP server for large files? Not an HTTP server as HTTP was not designed to transfer files.

I believe we have to be flexible and open in the world we live today.

Cheers,
Miguel

PS: Sorry for any typos as English is not my main language.