[time-nuts] Subject: Listening to the List Owner

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 21 13:02:41 UTC 2011

top posting works very nicely with mail clients that have a preview
screen, as well. And, yes, the whole "threading thing" gets implemented
in a variety of ways (even within the same product).  I use, variously,
thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA)-lite via Firefox/Safari,
the iPhone client, the Blackberry client, and whatever weird mail client
is on the iPad

Some do HTML well, some don't. Some convert back and forth cleanly.
Some are threading hostile
Some are bottom posting hostile
Some make it hard to interlineate comments (when someone has a long
essay with multiple issues, putting your responses in line just makes
sense to me: the questions/answers are naturally paired)

>>> Please see:
>>>    http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> David