[time-nuts] GPSDO - internal connections question

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Sep 22 09:25:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:36:43 -0500
Chris Howard <chris at elfpen.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
> Would it do any good to have the control board, GPS, or anything else
> within
> its own shielded box?

I'd put everything into one big metal box, but seperate the different
submodules, probably shield them from each other.

Please remember, that you are doing analog design on the EFC/OCXO side.
This means that you have to have low noise levels where you handle these
signals. This in turn means that you want to keep all digital electronics
as far away from it as possible.

Also think about a proper grounding scheme, as you connect the various
submodules together, otherwise ground loops will introduce additional,
hard to contain (and quite potent) noise.

			Attila Kinali
--
WYSIWYG is not a solution, it is the problem, and until we get around to
realizing that very few of us are competent to design fonts, styles, or