[time-nuts] HP 5065a failure of Rb oscillator problem solved

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Sep 27 02:23:41 UTC 2011

Paul,

I would love to see the pictures.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of paul swed
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 9:16 PM
To: Time-nuts; paul swed
Subject: [time-nuts] HP 5065a failure of Rb oscillator problem solved

Hello to the group my trusty HP 5065a Rb ref died. Digging in I discovered
that the Rb oscillator was not drawing any current. So it was time to go
deep inside and see whats in there. Have taken pix of the innards but they
are each 2 MB in size. Anyhow it was A12R1 a 1330 ohm resistor that seems to
be open. Jumpered a 1500 ohm R in and the lamp re-ignites. Now to install
appropriate quality and temperature replacement and I should be back in
business. Must say the 3 levels of magnetic shielding really is impressive.