[time-nuts] Any thoughts on best rubidium?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue Sep 27 02:45:46 UTC 2011

> >Hello,
> >
> >It is here: http://www.testequipmentplus.com/LCD85662H.html
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Javier
>
> But, as others pointed out in hp_agilent_equipment group, the
> replacement LCD lacks the resolution of the original vector-graphic CRT.

It does (I have one), and that's a bit of a shame, but IMHO it's still a
great upgrade.  Being able to leave your equipment on without fretting about
your CRT is nice.

The reduced resolution is noticeable but not a showstopper.  The 8560
portables have the same resolution, in fact.

Replacement 8566/8568 CRTs are not too hard to find if you have a 90s-era
serial # with the Panasonic CRT that was used in the portables, but the
older ones are indeed as rare as Cs tubes. :(

I wish the Test Equipment Plus LCD kits were cheaper.  They would sell a lot
more of them at say $895 than they do at $1495, and there would still be
plenty of room for profit.  At $1495 most people will just junk the
equipment, or go to eBay and buy a new 85662A display.

-- john, KE5FX