[time-nuts] Efratom M3100

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 17:50:37 UTC 2012

In the past I have asked if some one has any info of the Efratom M3100. I
have carefully dissected the unit and checked functionality. It sweeps but
does  not lock. Lamp signal is strong  60 MHz and 5.xx all work properly and
can  be seen on a spectrum analyzer The problem is in the loop and there is
not  enough signal into the phase detector. Trying to follow the detector
output is  challenging because lack of information and packaging density.
Typical loop  frequency in a M100 is 127/254 in this case I see 85/160. I would
expect in a  military application they would go up not down for vibration
purposes. Tracing  the circuits is also made more difficult because of the use
of mil parts and mil  nomenclature. I have most cross correlated and I am
down to one PMI part   38510/11201BCA. Does any one have any info, such a
nice unit, would like to make  it work.
Thanks    Bert Kehren