[time-nuts] LEA6-T Group Buy

Dennis Ferguson dennis.c.ferguson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:12:13 UTC 2012

On 2 Apr, 2012, at 13:11 , <lstoskopf at cox.net> <lstoskopf at cox.net> wrote:

>> Note that there should soon be a LEA6T eval board available from sysmocom
>>
>> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2012/03/16/#20120316-osmo_lea6t_gps_timing
>>
>> Estimated price is 90 EUR excl VAT in the EU.
>
> Anyone know if these will have the RAW output for use with RTKLib?  Also assume can program for 10 MHz out?
>
> Had the door slammed in my face when trying to buy an eval board for the 6-T from the mfgr.

?? I bought an EVK-6T from the manufacturer a little while ago
without trouble.  The only thing associated with the transaction
that I wasn't perfectly happy with was the price.

I should say, though, that the manufacturer's eval kit puts the
board in a rather nice case, with the two programmable pulse outputs
only being available on the DE-9 RS232 connector, at RS232 voltage
levels.  Not only are RS232 voltages inconvenient for many purposes,
but the MAX3232 converter they used adds >100 ns of delay.  The high
speed versions of the signals are available on the board, but you
need to take the board out of the case to use them and they use those
teeny, tiny MMCX connectors.  Given a choice I'd rather have a board
without paying for a case I have to throw away, with better connectors
for the timing signals.

I think this is a very good 50 channel GPS receiver, though, and the
manufacturer's board isn't bad if you want to play with it from a computer
since both PPS outputs and the Extint input are conveniently tied to RS232
control pins.

Dennis Ferguson