[time-nuts] Efratom M3100

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 00:11:38 UTC 2012

Magnus
RC oscillator and demodulator along with the 1 uF and integrator are all
standard Efratom, use different pins and the oscillator is 2.72 KHz the
problem  is the signal path from the detector to the demodulator. That is what I
am  looking for. Will get there. will take time.
Thanks again   Bert

In a message dated 4/2/2012 6:29:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

On  04/02/2012 02:33 AM, EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
> Magnus
> I am  systematically checking every thing. Power is every where, get a
very
>  strong 60 MHz with the 5.3125 clearly visible on the spectrum analyzer
also
>   counted both with a counter, checked the 85 Hz  modulation on the tuning
> diode,  is a small signal but the same  on my working M 100. Some is off
the M
> 100 some  off the FRS.  Working on the Servo assembly. Because of dense
> packaging it is   very difficult to find the output signal, but I am now
sitting
> down  with the ohm  meter and retracing all the interconnects on the
servo
> board. It is multi layer.  Once I have the 85/170 pass I  will inject a
variable
> frequency, maybe 85 Hz is  wrong.
>  I will keep you posted. The biggest problem is the packing density,  very
> hard to get to the pins of the IC's.

Lot's of  test-points.

The 4060 (U3) is hooked up as RC oscillator based. 4053  (U2)
demodulates. Isn't the large 1 uF cap the integrator  cap?

TP10, TP11, TP13 and TP15 looks like suspects.

TP17, TP5,  TP14 and TP9 looks like coming out of modulation counter, but
the last  seems to come from the analog frontend at the bottom  part.

Cheers,
Magnus