[time-nuts] Antenna for t-bolt

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Apr 3 20:28:56 UTC 2012

shalimr9 at gmail.com said:
> I got it with a red box Thunderbolt I bought from a lit member a long time
> ago. It has some obvious signs of experience being outside. It is possible
> that moisture got inside. Maybe I should try to take it apart? Not sure how
> to open it without breaking the radome. Did you get yours open?

I'm not sure what sort of antenna you are talking about.  I got one open the
easy way.  I just removed the screws and pulled the top off.  There was an
o-ring that made a very good fit.
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/Lucent-Antenna.jpg

It took me two tries.  The first time I didn't pull hard enough, but then
somebody reported that theirs came apart without any dynamite so I tried
again and it worked.

That was all part of an antenna discussion back in Aug 2009
  http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/msg21726.html