[time-nuts] NTP jitter with Linux

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:22:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM, gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> I built a small form factor PC using the Intel D525.
>

>> http://ark.intel.com/products/49490/Intel-Atom-processor-D525-%281M-Cache-1_80-GHz%29
>>

> If you look at the features (or lack thereof!), it lacks "turbo boost" and
> "enhanced Intel Speed Step technology". So you may not have to resort to
> using a uP if you don't want the PC clock to be a moving target. I was a
> bit surprised that the Atoms (at least to that generation) didn't play
> clock and core voltage games.

If the architecture has cache or wait states, it is still subject to be a
moving target. I'm naturally skeptical on all architectures that have
multiple channels, show me an architecture with cache or waits states and
i'll show you a problem ( in regards to real time, that is)

I stand firm that the only proper way to do this is with a 100%
deterministic architecture.

Steve