[time-nuts] Austron 2201, Tbolt, HP 3801 comparison question

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Sat Apr 7 11:37:19 UTC 2012

No need to discover how the HP SmartClock works: there is the Kalman
filtering to help in better driving a clock disciplining. Indeed the
SmartClock approach may be based on the Kalman method. The fundamental
starting point is to have a good clock mathematical model. The "smart" part
is the trimming of the coefficients to take the model in sync with the
aging of the clock (typically an OCXO).