[time-nuts] FPGA GPSDO (Was: Re: NTP jitter with Linux)

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sat Apr 7 16:44:18 UTC 2012

El 07/04/2012 18:17, shalimr9 at gmail.com escribió:
> When you install the Altera tools, it automatically installs NIOS and gcc. I assume there are no restrictions for private use, but you may have to send $ if you make a commercial product. That remains to be checked.

With the Quartus Web, you can use any Nios but in time limited form (1
hour or so) or as long as the debug cable is tied to the PC. The only
Nios free for use (commercial or private) is the Nios-II/e version. The
only NIOS really useful, NIOS-II/f (with MMU, caches, and faster) is
commercial, and the license pack inclding the triple speed ethernet core
is $995. Also other IPs are commercial (like memory controllers, etc.)

Regards,

Javier