[time-nuts] Best location for a GPS antenna...?

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Thu Apr 12 19:50:52 UTC 2012

I'd suggest getting Dr. Uman's "All About Lightning" as a starter. You could read it in an afternoon, so to be correct, the book is all about lightning, but it doesn't contain all the world's knowledge. ;-).  It isn't very technical, though he has written technical books as well.

Regarding schemes to prevent lightning hits, they are all controversial. That is, scientists argue over the effectiveness. The one I see often in the high desert looks like a brush made out of metal fibers.

I've got to see ground hits in the desert twice. Amazing. The spot hit glows yellow, which I presume is sodium ionization.