[time-nuts] Looking for CA3130E IC...

hoag at hiwaay.net hoag at hiwaay.net
Sun Apr 15 01:11:14 UTC 2012

CA3130EZ is the lead-free version of the part.  Looks like good stock
(both Newark and Avnet have thousands on the shelf), and should be
usable unless you're sending it into space or something.  If so, it
appears that Rochester Electronics <http://www.rocelec.com> has stock
on the shelf.

They are authorized distributors and manufacturers of obsolete
semiconductors, and oftentimes the last resort for old components.  If
necessary, they can package from die that they have in stock, or even
reverse engineer old designs.  Of course, that's very pricey, but if
you're a government and need to maintain some 20 year old piece of
critical equipment, they may be one of the few avenues to getting
something working again.

--Glen