[time-nuts] Chinese Scopes (was: Re: LORAN-C at MIT)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Apr 16 07:46:27 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:42:31 +0000
lists at lazygranch.com wrote:

> Sadly, the last scope I bought was a Chinese Rigol. (I do have "real"
> scopes too.) It is getting to the point where Rigol and Instek will make
> buying boat anchors a thing of the past.

What's the quality of those chinese scopes?
I could need a "modern" DSO as addition to my stone age 2ch 50MHz Tek.
But there isn't any usable surplus market in europe and used scopes cost
nearly as much as new ones. Ie Tek, Agilent and LeCroy are out of my budget,
even if used. But then, i'd rather spend 2000chf on a new Scope than get
one for 500 that isn't half usable.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?