[time-nuts] Rigol scopes

Andrew Rodland andrew at cleverdomain.org
Tue Apr 17 03:41:51 UTC 2012

 <lstoskopf at ...> writes:

> I bought one of the 50 MHz versions at Dayton last year.  OK for my needs.
> Not mentioned here is that the difference between the 50 and 100 MHz scopes
> is software control of roll off on  the input.  I haven't done it,
> but procedure was available on the WEB on how to spoof the software.
>
> N0UU

On the other hand, the prices have dropped since that procedure came out,
with the 100MHz model going for what the 50MHz used to cost, and the 50MHz
selling for about 80% of the price of the 100MHz. Those who want to avoid
the hassle might prefer to just buy the DS1102E directly. It's really
pretty decent, for what it is, and the interface is not nearly as bad as it
could be.

Andrew