[time-nuts] Stanford Research PRS-10

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 22 00:48:11 UTC 2012

On 04/22/2012 02:31 AM, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:
> I'm glad you got it going, but wasn't the consensus of the list that SRS had terrible support on their old gear?

I ordered break-out board, PSU and manual online, they shipped it and
got it to me within days. It's not terrible. Pricey, yes, but not
terrible. I have not tried to use their service department. BTW the
PRS-10 is very much a "current" product, just as the SR620 (that was
introduced in 1987).

It was well packed. Manual was wrapped in plastic, put in a SRS binder
which was also packed in a plastic bag. Inside there the PSU and
break-out board was also in their own plast packages. Neat and well
noted what it contained.

> I like their arbitrary wabeform generators, but made a mental note to avoid SRS based on a post. I suppose I could have read it elsewhere.

Maybe it was not the complete story.

Anyway, I have heard about a PRS-10 related issue, in which a PRS-10 had
been slaved to a PPS and then jumped about 800 ns and then again about
400 ns. It sounds like uncalibrated input and output interpolators.

Cheers,
Magnus