[time-nuts] About Racal Dana tactile switches

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 14:09:22 UTC 2012

Very nice, just what I would have hoped to achieve if I still had the
switch caps:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 22/04/2012 12:45:40 GMT Daylight Time, fabioeb at quipo.it
writes:

Hello,  this is my first message on this list,
I've read the recent thread about  racal dana's switches,
this is the way i've done  it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/pulsantenuovo1r.jpg/

in  this thread more  details:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product-reviews-photos-and-discussion/racal-dan
a-1992-teardown/msg90950/#msg90950

A  little crude but in a pair of hours i swapped all the switches.
To obtain  the proper tip shape to fit the original caps,
i cutted a cross in a 2mm  thick little brass plate and
fixed it to a soldering iron, found the  correct
flow temperature of the plastic and the work was simple.

The  switches are normal 6x6mm tactile, only they tend to bounce  sometime.

Fabio.

This  message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging  Program.