[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:45:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have wondered the same thing.

It might be time for a group project to design a "Pictic III" that uses
parts that are readily available.   Today I'd build it around an Arduino
rather than a PIC even if the cost is more.  Arduino is programmable by
__anyone__ and plugs into a USB port, no onwwouldhave to supply programed
chips and because it is so easy to program maybe some users would try to
make improvements and offer them to others.

Other suggestions to do something like this have come up on this list but
then someone starts talking about using some specialized technology that
99.99% of the readers don't know (like FPGAs)  I'd like to see it done with
25 cent parts and technology a beginner can master
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California