[time-nuts] Antique Rb Standard - Thanks, Pictures, Parts Request, Question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 19:26:38 UTC 2012

Ed
Several comments
Great pix with the right level of detail to actually see and analyze stuff.
Second what a find you have there. A real mans RB nothing small about the
gas cells.

Good also to see many what I consider to be common components of the late
60s and 70s. Also I noticed little or no over heated board components. A
lot of the lpro type RBs I have fixed are do to over heated components. Not
in this case it seems.
The color of the lamp is way off to my thinking and what I have seen. That
color tends to be from a non heated RB. But I need to be very careful with
that comment. Perhaps the gas mixtures simply a bit different and so the
color would be different. Also its not as bright as I might expect.
Noting the various components its quite possible they have drifted in
value. Like the transistors thats an age that they would tend to do that
over 30-40 years.

Lastly your bench
Nothing like a bench jammed with Stuff. Comfortable.
Sorry to say I have seen those pins and have no clue how you might find
them. Hamfest flea market stuff?
Regards
Paul