[time-nuts] web presentation of data

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Aug 6 16:16:34 UTC 2012

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> what would be useful is to have some sort of "plotting engine" that is a
> canned webpage (or stored locally on the user/client computer) that can
> ingest fairly raw data from a URL..
> A low end microcontroller has no problem serving readonly pages from  flash/
> SD, it just has a tough time doing graphics.

I'd do something like that in two separate steps:
  The microcontroller would collect the data.
  A separate job on a real computer would occasionally grab the data.

I'm assuming we are discussing some sort of long running project.  The real
computer has a bigger disk and some sort of backup/archiving setup so I'd
want to get the data there anyway.  Once it's there graphics isn't a problem.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.