[time-nuts] Motorola UT+ Interface Board

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:11:12 UTC 2012

If you have not seen one here is a good example.  They make it easy.
New-MAX232-RS232-TTL-Converter-Adapter-Module-Board<http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MAX232-RS232-TTL-Converter-Adapter-Module-Board-/180951092526?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a21868d2e#ht_1976wt_1180>
But I think I had to add a jumper to get the PPS signal onto the DCD pin.
 Also the PPS needs to be inverted if I remember correctly.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Don Latham <djl at montana.com> wrote:
> Even easier is a 5v rs232 to USB board.
> Don
>
> paul swed
>> I have done the exact same thing. Pretty quick work and the maxim chips
>> make it pretty easy
>> Regards
>> Paul
>> WB8TSL
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Chris Albertson
>> <albertson.chris at gmail.com
>>> wrote:

>>> I hand wired one using a 4x6 inch prototype board.   It is not very
>>> complex.
>>>
>>> The best why to do the TTL to RS-232 conversion is with this little
>>> device you can find on eBay that is a MAX232 chip built into a DB9
>>> shell
>>>
>>> Chris Albertson
>>> Redondo Beach, California

>> and follow the instructions there.
>>

> --
> "Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
> are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
> R. Bacon
> "If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
> Ghost in the Shell
>

> Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
> Six Mile Systems LLP
> 17850 Six Mile Road