[time-nuts] new member with questions NTP, PRS, GPS, ocxo

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Aug 18 12:47:46 UTC 2012

On 18 August 2012 03:32, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Frank Hughes <hp_ciscovss at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The best OS to use  is either BSD or Linux.  These have order of
> magnitude better performance than others for this purpose

Do you include Sun (now Oracle) Solaris in the list of "others"? I ask
more out of interest than anything else, but a large proportion of the
machines here run Solaris. The only two machine that run 24/7, run
Solaris.

I've got machines here running CentOS Linux, Solaris (SPARC), Solaris
(x86), OpenSolaris (x86), AIX (PowerPC), HP-UX (PA-RISC), Windows 7,
32-bit Windows XP, 64-bit Windows XP .. plus any I forgot. I used to
have tru64 and IRIX too, but decided they were a bit old hat.

Dave