[time-nuts] Modern motherboard with RS232 port

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Aug 19 19:38:11 UTC 2012

In message <50313FD1.5000307 at gmail.com>, Sarah White writes:

>Induction and capacitance and random transformer magnetic flux nonsense
>that makes AC currents act in unexpected ways. The difference between
>volt-amp versus RMS watt versus peak watts, etc, etc. can be off by more
>than you'd expect.

Only, not really with PC power supplies anymore, because both EU
and USAs "EnergyStar" have requirements for power factor correction.

So V*A=W is a pretty good approximation these days.

And speaking of Intels small motherboards:  I have a D2500CCE board
and apart from some weirdness related to the videomemory not supporting
32bit writes in character mode, it works ok for me.