[time-nuts] Is this a cesium frequency standard?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Thu Aug 23 15:06:35 UTC 2012

On 8/23/2012 7:44 AM, David Kirkby wrote:
> Em,
> that's a lot of money for a Rubidium. I wonder what all the controls
> are for? It seems a complex rubidium compared to those that I've seen.

David, if you compare it to the -hp- 5065A which last sold new for
around $35,000 and upwards with options you will see the similarities.
That was indeed in a class of it's own, a little better performance than
the $100 ebay bricks :^)   I've no idea how this Russian stuff compares,
nor any great desire to find out.

Dan