[time-nuts] HP/Agilet counter 53151A trigger problems

Bernd Neubig BNeubig at t-online.de
Fri Aug 24 13:34:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have several HP/Agilent frequency counters 53151A (and 53152A) in my lab.
Several of them meanwhile show trigger problems.

I have tested the A and B channel between 5 MHz and 200 MHZ at three input
levels of -10 dBm, 0 dBm and +10 dBm.

Those with trigger problems show erroneous numbers at -10 dBm input level
rather selectively, i.e. mostly at 100 MHz, some also at 150 MHz, while the
are o.k.

Has anyone on this list experienced similar defects and can give a
recommendation how to fix/repair them?

Best regards

Bernd

DK1AG