[time-nuts] re ET-6000 firmware

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Mon Aug 27 02:08:03 UTC 2012

The manual I have isn't too clear on the differences between the units
but the drawing shows an LPRO tucked into the left front of the unit
with 2 coax cables going to the PC board (EFC, OSC), and one going to an
additional power supply in the right rear.  The ET-6000 DAC is 0-5V
(actually 0.5-4.5 I think) so the LPRO will probably work without any
adjustments other than the new firmware which contains the appropriate
gain and filter constants.

I believe all you need to do is:
Remove the TCXO (or cut the trace from the output)
Connect the 10 MHz from the LPRO to J3 (OSC in)
Install a suitable resistor at position R96 (it shows "51 1" - 51 ohm, 1
watt?)
Connect J2 (DAC out) to the LPRO
Install an appropriate power supply for the LPRO

Somebody mentioned a while back that the units with the LPRO in them ran
very hot.

-Bob