[time-nuts] Need usb time interval time for portable bullet chrongraph

Paul Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Mon Aug 27 03:48:22 UTC 2012

Hello Folks

I have been looking at bullet chrographs and wondering if I could get the a usb module to do a interval measurement and display on my laptop.
on a yet to be discovered module to calculate the time interval between the pulses?

The bullet travels at approx 1050 feet per second.
By spacing my gates providing the start stop pulses precisely 1 foot apart I think a direct read out except for the decibal point being in the wrong place .

Does this seem fesable?

Here is one module I found http://www.weedtech.com/index_eventcount.html

Any thoughts on this?
The reason for the USB would be for display on my laptop at the firing range

Thank you for any help I would really appreciate it

PaulC
W1VLF