[time-nuts] HP/Agilet counter 53131A (not 53151A) trigger problems

Bernd Neubig bneubig at t-online.de
Mon Aug 27 17:01:25 UTC 2012

Hi Azelio,

Sorry, the counters are 53131A, not 53151A. The A and B inputs are specified
from DC to 225 MHz with a sensitivity of y20 mV (rms) up to 100 MHz, <30 mV
(rms) 100 ~ 200 MHz, and <50 mV (rms) 200 ~ 225 MHz.
The problem can be at either input alone. The problem is only in the range
between 100 MHz and <200 MHz, observed in automatic trigger mode. In manual
trigger mode the counter does not trigger at all in that freq range.

I cannot tell you an aging model for a particular OCXO, and I doubt if
anyone can ;) Aging predictions can only be made on individual OCXO, unit by
unit, and the prediction is only valid over a rather limited time. Therefore
you must continuously monitor and update your prediction.

Best regards

Bernd
DK1AG