[time-nuts] Need usb time interval time for portable bullet chrongraph

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 27 21:45:19 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 10:28 PM, Dan Kemppainen wrote:
> However, since we are all nuts here, adding a GPSDO coulnt' hurt.
> (Usually you shoot outside, so access to the sky should be easy!) Then
> you'd also know position, which could be useful in accounting for
> numerous other thing like coriolis acceleration, gravity due to
> elevation, and gravity anomalies.... You could then calculate
> corrections for trajectories...
> hmmm...

I got an old Meinberg GPS, with an analogue integrating single-channel
receiver, and put at a friends appartment. Still works great, after me
convincing it about a new location. It has two time-tagging inputs, so
you can get UTC time-stamps with 100 ns resolution of the serial port.

With a good trigger and then a serial adapter... you got some cool
time-stamping good enough for the purpose I guess. :)

Cheers,
Magnus