[time-nuts] Fw: Rubidium Lamp PIX

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat Dec 29 23:00:17 UTC 2012

Hey, thanks, Chuck. I think I have a couple of candidates. Soon as I get
some time. . .
Don

Chuck Harris
> Should be easy enough for you to figure out.  The idea is to
> evaporate any rubidium that is blocking the light from leaving
> the bulb and making a straight path to the filter cell, and
> ultimately the detector end of the package. Look at the bulb
> on the side where the light must exit, and if it is shiny
> and black, heat it there until it clears.
>
> -Chuck Harris
>
> Don Latham wrote:
>> this would be even better with some arrows showing where to put the
>> heat
>> to heal the lamp!
>> Don
>>
>> cdelect at juno.com
>>>

>>> Here is a PIX of various Rubidium lamps.

>>> Tracor  EG&G  LPRO   5065A   R20   FRS   PRS10
>>>
>>> bottom two are FRK
>>>
>>> I'll see if Tom Van Baak will add them to his site
>>> also_______________________________________________
>>> To unsubscribe, go to
>>> and follow the instructions there.

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
De Erroribus Medicorum, R. Bacon, 13th century.
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road