[time-nuts] GPS SDR (was: FE-.5680A trimming resolution)

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Thu Feb 2 20:05:49 UTC 2012

I found this homebrew GPS receiver project recently:

http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/GPS/Main.htm

No custom specialized chips that are unavailable in small quantities, or which
will go obsolete in a few months. I think the best solution for the open
source GPS community is to design open source receivers with commodity parts
that won't be discontinued in the near future, or for which another commodity
part can be substituted if need be. Maybe somebody can extend this design with
a 2-bit ADC on the end (not me, too many projects here already...)

Dan Schultz N8FGV