[time-nuts] PICTIC II questions

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 20:57:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM, John Miles <jmiles at pop.net> wrote:

 We were also talking about
> some possible GUI ideas for configuration and data acquisition, but I was
> ramping up a larger project at the time and never had time to explore them
> further.

Before anything like a GUI, I think I'm going to write a basic Pictic
library in plain old portable "C".  It will provide a higher level of
abstraction than sending commands.   Someone could write an interface
around that.   I want the library to work on both a PC and an Arduino.

Anyone have ideas about the types of functions a library could expose?

The Arduino is programmed in C so the code can be mostly debugged on a
desktop computer so development could go fast once requirements are
nailed down.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California