[time-nuts] Removing thermal tape residue?

Graham / KE9H TIMENUT at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 11 17:10:52 UTC 2012

John:

If it is an adhesive tape residue or just an adhesive residue, the best,
paint safe, and non-toxic remover I am aware of is "Goo-Gone."  It is
some kind
mild solvent with a lot of citrus oil in it.  Sold at grocery stores.  Since
you own a house, I would be surprised if your wife does not already
have a bottle.  It is impossible to operate a house without it.

Works extremely well on adhesive tape residue, stick-on label residue,
and windshield sticker residue.

If that doesn't work then try iso-propyl alcohol, acetone, tri-chlor, etc.
Those are more toxic, will attack plastic and paint, etc.

--- Graham / KE9H

==