[time-nuts] Morion MV89A pics

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Sun Feb 12 17:53:05 UTC 2012

At 08:26 AM 2/12/2012, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>Extremely delicate that fluffy contton, try not to tear apart it so that
>you can place it again on top when closing the MV89. In my opinion the
>internal oven is the inner one...

If that's actually the inner oven, where's the outer oven?  I don't
see any heated components in contact with the outer shell that I
pulled apart.

There's a TO-220 device on the circuit board (you can see the pins in
one of the photos), but it appears to be a voltage regulator
(connected to the input and ground).  Besides, there's foam
insulation between the circuit board and the base of the shell.

There's certainly enough room inside that second soldered can for one
of those Vectron 69.something MHz OCO500-18 freebie OCXOs.

--
newell  N5TNL