[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Tue Feb 14 01:55:24 UTC 2012

I don't mind sending something like $5 to a "buy group" and we'll have
enough with a few of us.  But if I were Elio I'll not feel very happy
using a working unit for this kind of use, I would try to not break
anything and he is even talking of removing the programmable chips to
read them in a programmer!.  Anyway I'm recognize that a working unit
could be advantageous for some tests.
So if anybody wants to collect the money, let me know.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL

On 13/02/2012 4:22, Peter Gottlieb wrote:
> Better idea.  Let's all donate a few bucks each and buy Elio an intact
> one.
>
> Peter
>

> On 2/12/2012 8:08 PM, EB4APL wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anybody tried to ask the guy who made the forensics in Youtube if
>> he could send the remnants to Elio?  He could make a very good use of
>> them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ignacio, EB4APL
>>
>> El 07/02/2012 0:30, Elio Corbolante wrote:
>>> From: "Steve ."<iteration69 at gmail.com>

>>> My programmer is a MQP Pin-Master 48<http://www.mqp.com/pm48.htm>
>>> which
>>> directly support the PSD chip via JTAG (JAM STAPL files).
>>> According to this
>>> document:<http://www.mqp.com/pdf/apnotes/30201.pdf>  the
>>> programmer does not support "auxiliary" functions like "reading" the
>>> device, but only erase/program/verify.
>>>
>>> The official programmer/software (FlashLINK/PSDsoft Express)<
>>> http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/TOOL/CONFIGURATION_UTILITY/um0050.zip>
>>>
>>> permits to "dump" the content of the PSD in an .obj file, but at
>>> this date
>>> I have not this programmer and I have to build it<
>>> http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/USER_MANUAL/CD00004566.pdf>
>>>
>>> :-(
>>>
>>> If you are able to dump the software using your Galep 5, you are
>>> welcome!!!
>>> :-)
>>> Otherwise my two options will be:
>>> 1) to build a FlashLINK clone, hoping the PSD contents are not
>>> protected:
>>> according to this document<
>>> http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/USER_MANUAL/CD00004566.pdf>
>>>
>>> (Pag. 17) the protection flag can't be enabled using the JTAG
>>> interface...
>>> 2) to remove the PSD chip and read its contents using a different