[time-nuts] Fwd: FE-5680A Contact FEI

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Fri Feb 17 15:16:53 UTC 2012

 I'm an EE manager and buy Agilent equipment whenever I can over other brands.  This is strongly influenced by their obsolete equipment manual policy.

On 02/17/12, Bill Riches<bill.riches at verizon.net> wrote:

Good points made - no income for the company, However on the other side of
the coin - look at Agilient having available all of the old HP manuals for
download even though there is no income to them. I wonder if it was a
requirement of them to supply HP manuals when they absorbed HP.

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop and was surprised to see that you
can download a service manual from HP with part numbers and it has
disassembly instructions - don't know of any other mfgs that do that. Of
course HP computer company does not have any connection with the original HP
- or do they...

73,

Bill Riches, WA2DVU
Cape May, NJ