[time-nuts] Tek to HP conversion... Was: Re: Fwd: FE-5680A Contact FEI

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:44:40 UTC 2012

I was a Tek aficionado for many many years. My first personal scope was a
tek, my first work scope was a Tek. I've owned at least half a dozen over
the decades. The three scopes I own today are Tek. But everything else on
my lab bench has changed over to HP (with the exception of a couple of
TM5006 mainframes full of specialty plugins).

The quality, availability, and most important to me, the consistency of HP
gear has been impressive. I've yet to go into a lab where the majority of
basic RF equipment, counters, sig gens, spectrum analyzers, etc was not HP.
Unless they were lucky enough to have R&S.

The ability to get manuals, parts, and just plain guidance on the HP gear
has been great.

Now if I can score an HP Primary or GPSDO standard, I'll be happy.