[time-nuts] Lady Heather on low power CPU/Linux?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Feb 22 23:26:40 UTC 2012

> > Being only a 500 MHz Geode CPU, there is not much power to work with.
> Still,
> > running Debian Linux with Wine allowed me to make LH work..

Wine may not be the best platform for a somewhat-nonstandard app like LH.
Suggest buying a cheap laptop running Win2K at a hamfest for $50, and moving
on with life.

> 1) very light weight and only connects the t-bolt information to a
> network "socket".  no procesing.  This could run on a uP if needs be.
> Written in plain ANSI "C" and very portable

That's exactly what server.cpp is; it will be in the same directory where
the program is installed.   (Again referring to the 3.0 beta.)

> ...  LH could stand to be refactored...
> ... having to run Windows just for this lone program...
> ...user interface is primitive, even by Windows standards...

Lots of English, not much C.

-- john