[time-nuts] Neutrinos not so fast? (defectove connector)

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Thu Feb 23 14:24:38 UTC 2012

   On 2/23/2012 1:04 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

I simply don't buy the story that tightening the connector makes
a consistent 60 nanoseconds difference on a signal.

   I spoke with a physicist of Cern, friend of the leader of the team that
   performed the Opera experiment.
   He told me that the badly seated connector caused the amplitude of the
   signal to be lower, and for this reason the trigger point, which was
   set at a specific level, was reached 60ns later.
   73  Alberto  I2PHD