[time-nuts] OT - Portable Digital 'scope

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Feb 24 00:28:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:53:49 -0600
David <davidwhess at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do modern DSOs handle that?  I guess it would explain why I have
> been told their front end calibration is so arduous.  If you lose the
> calibration constants somehow, you might as well throw the
> oscilloscope away.  Do any support user recalibration?

There are lots of companies offering oscilloscope callibration.
But it's damn expensive. For the 1Gsps oscilloscope we have at
work, it costs around 2000 CHF IIRC. And those beasts have to be
callibrated every two years (if we'd do qualification measurments,
that would be even more often).

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?