[time-nuts] 5061's on ebay

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:29:43 UTC 2012

Hello to the group.
I have to agree with Joe on the addiction. I was the one asking strange
questions about 8 months ago as I glued together the Frankenstein of 5061s.
It used a tube that was given to me by a fellow time-nut that was bad that
however actually had a few more fumes of CS then my 004 tube. I home brewed
a new oven controller to allow me to bake the remaining Cs off. The crazy
thing actually worked kind of barely.
But a great lesson in the actual physics and other wonders. So it still
works but I have to say I now understand why they left them on all of the
time.
Maybe a real tube with 15-20 ua would be a far different story. I suspect
so.
But what are you going to do for a hobby.
Let me know if I can help.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL