[time-nuts] Morion MV89A Repair

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Feb 25 22:54:44 UTC 2012

Hi

The spectrum you show in the middle is the correct one. It shows the 10 MHz output and the sub-harmonics related to the 5 MHz crystal oscillator. The other two are a bit broken. One appears to have a stage oscillating. The other is more interesting. It has a stage oscillating that is injection locked to the 5 MHz crystal oscillator. I suspect more than one capacitor went bad in these OCXO's. Somebody may have sold Morion a bad reel of bypass caps.

Bob